“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Depression

It's funny how quickly the tide can change.   And how quiet the house suddenly is.  I've been in contact with a couple sisters who have been struggling.  Thought I'd share a post I wrote a couple years ago.  You're not alone.  And there is HOPE in Jesus Christ.


Depression

She caught up to me today.
I was in the bread aisle.
She asked if we could visit for a while.
I didn't pay attention at first.

She said she hadn't seen me lately.
She just wanted to catch up.
She noticed I had been a little tired lately.
A little weary.
I told her not to bother me.

She persisted.
She would take care of it.
Just a little visit.
Just a little visit.
See, it would be okay.

And I was lulled.
Yes, she was right.
Just a little visit.
A little despondency.
I mean... what would it hurt?

And then I recognized her.
Yes, I had seen her before.
I knew her well.

And there she was.
Revealed for who she really is.
Depression.

And I ran... as fast as I could.
Knowing that I didn't want to see her.
I wanted nothing to do with her.

Knowing that she'll come back, again.
But knowing that each time she does.
I'll run. Quicker. Harder. Faster.

Right into my Father's arms.
Safe into my Father's arms.

No comments: