Me and The Fresh Prince
I guess they ran out of time for the ~topher.
I hate keeping secrets. Especially from those I love. But I can and I do.
Over a week ago I found out that Christopher had been chosen as the Homecoming Freshman Class Prince. And he wouldn't find out until today. It's been a long week of close calls.
They had asked the parents to announce their child's name to the Homecoming Court along with a story about them. Okay, how was I going to do that without embarrassing him??? I secretly prayed that he would find out, so that I could ask him what I should say. But, alas... that did not happen. You weren't to announce their name until the very end, so people could guess, so last night I decided to write out a couple riddle clues that would reveal who he was without sharing too much.
Here are some fun riddles.clues.randomfacts.insidejokes about The Fresh(man) Prince:
For additional insight I've added some information in italics that I didn't use in the introduction.
I was relieved to know that I did not embarrass him... but wait for it! Because we get to go to Homecoming!!! And you never know what his dad might do!
- He would say his claim to fame is that he is the only native Oregonian on our family tree. We are ALL from the East Coast!
- But you would think he lives in Baltimore when he cheers for baseball. Orioles.
- Or Dallas (and Baltimore) when he cheers for football. Cowboys and Ravens.
- Or Anaheim for ice hockey. Ducks. Today was support your favorite sports team for Spirit week so all these clues made sense to me.
- But you know for sure Portland is his hometown when he cheers in the TA "Rose City Til I Die." If you received a Christmas Card... our favorite sports team is our Major League Soccer Team, the Portland Timbers. We sit in the TA or Timbers Army. Rose City is Portland's nickname.
- And as far as basketball is concerned… he is only happy when Mike & Mike call the game. They are two local announcers for the Portland Trailblazers. Win or lose they are on the hometeam!
- And the college team in Corvallis is his favorite. Oregon State Beavers.
- Most students wouldn't be interested in getting an F. But he is. Well, as a bass (baritone) who wouldn't want to be able to hit an F sharp? On the TV show The Sing Off there was a country group that sang Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash and one of the guys hit an F sharp so low you could barely hear it!
- If you saw the performances of A Mid Summer Night’s Dream, you would know “The Butler Did it!” Christopher played the butler in the play earlier in the year.
- He hates when his parents call his favorite game “Minesweeper.” Mommm, it is called "Minecraft"!!!!!!
- Some would say he only wears graphic t-shirts, hoodies, shorts and nike elites. Of course, not today when I am announcing him... of all days!
- He just went to Comic Con and got to see the man who inspired his childhood superhero. Yes, despite what others may protest… Spiderman is a superhero. One of his teachers insists that Spiderman is not a superhero. But he really is!!!!
- He’ll have a new stamp in his passport next week as he travels to Ethiopia and Uganda on a missions trip sharing the love of God to local missionaries and orphans. Leaving in a week. Wait, what???
- He has never been called shy. Have you met my son?
- He is happy to be known as different. Have you met my son?
- And his final claim to fame? He is my favorite son. To which he would say… “Mom, I’m your only son.” And I reply, “True, but you’re still my favorite.”