“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lord, why am I here? What do I have to offer?

The Ethiopia/Uganda Chronicles
Chapter Six - BELIEVE

Gojo, Ethiopia - February 13, 2014
200 Church Planters and the Petros Network Team
photography by Anthony Kaetzel


For this thinker-type personality my thoughts are hard to formulate about our recent trip to Africa.  There are so many words and thoughts, but making them land on my keyboard seems a bit difficult.  But I will force them out because if I don't I fear they might be lost.  And that would be tragic.

At the beginning of the trip Pastor Ray Noah tackled the questions that were plaguing almost all of us throughout the trip:  Lord, why am I here?  What do I have to offer?  He admitted he still wondered that himself.  But he felt God had given him a word to embrace:  BELIEVE.

“I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” Mark 9:24
BELIEVE... that you are here in God's will.  No matter how you got here.
BELIEVE... that you are here for a divine purpose.
BELIEVE... that you are walking in God's provision.
BELIEVE... that God will use you to bless those you come in contact with.
BELIEVE... that God will use those you come in contact with to bless you.
BELIEVE... that this trip will change your life-trajectory.
And also to know that whatever lies before us we should BELIEVE that God has already gone before us.

It makes me think of Beth Moore's study Believing God when she shares - "As forcefully as God has ever spoken to my heart, He said, 'you believe in Me, Beth. Now I want you to believe Me.'”

Believe Me.

And that's what I had to do.  Believe God.  Believe that He would use this suburban house-wife and mother for a divine purpose in Africa.  Whose only assignment was to teach widows how to knit a hat.  Who felt insignificant for the mission.  But believing that He would use this willing vessel.

And now that I have returned home I wonder what God would have me do with all He has shown me.  And I guess I need to believe that He can use me as much at home as He did there.  And that I will pass that message on to those who are willing to hear it.

And that I will encourage those I come in contact with to
Believe God.






For more of my thoughts on my trip to Ethiopia and Uganda visit here. 

No comments: