“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Just a few more minutes, please.




Don't wake up just yet.
Sleep a little longer.
Please delay your acceleration into adulthood just a few more minutes for me.
After today there is no turning back.

It may seem like a small thing,
But getting your driver's permit means that my mom role is changing yet, again.
Tears rush forth down my face as I think of how blessed I have been by God to be your mother.
To be the one to walk you through your childhood and growth spurts.
To see you mature and yet still keep a youthful spirit.

Please just lie there a little longer.
Just a few more minutes.
So that I can hold onto your childhood.
And not have to transfer more responsibility to you.
And transfer the ability to drive away.
And move into your adulthood.
Into a life where mom is perhaps cherished more, but needed less.

Just a few more minutes, please.

No comments: